Keeping your Invisalign® aligners in tip top condition is easy. Here's how to keep your aligners clean and clear throughout your Invisalign orthodontic treatment.
For people who are concerned about how they might look to others while they are straightening their teeth, Invisalign is the ideal orthodontic treatment option. The clear advantage of Invisalign is that the custom aligners are almost invisible and they're easily removable!
While you're undergoing Invisalign treatment keeping your aligners clean, clear and in tip-top condition is key. Here's how you should clean and care for your aligners while you are straightening your smile with Invisalign.
- Always store your aligners in their case when they aren't in your mouth to avoid damaging them.
- Brush and floss your teeth before returning your aligners to your mouth every time you take them out. Rinse your aligners under warm water or gently clean them with mild soap a soft toothbrush before putting them back in place, to avoid bacteria build-up and to keep your aligners fresh.
- To help you keep your aligners odour-free, hygienic and clear, the Invisalign® cleaning system is available from your dentist. Use the Invisalign cleaning system for 15 minutes each day to help remove plaque buildup from your aligners.
How to use the Invisalign cleaning system:
- Remove and rinse your aligners.
- Place the aligners into the cleaning container and fill with warm water.
- Add one packet of Invisalign cleaning crystals then gently shake for 20 seconds.
- Soak your aligners in the solution for 15 minutes.
- After soaking, gently shake once more.
- Remove aligners from the solution, rinse well in warm water (not hot) and return your aligners to your mouth.
Remember, never use hot water on your aligners! Heat may cause your clear plastic aligners to warp. After cleaning your aligners be sure to take a few seconds to rinse out your aligner holder too.